Porter Group can provide background screening services for employers which can be customized depending on individual needs. Pricing is contingent upon the screening services chosen.
The background screening service options are as follows:
- Past Address History (Social Security Trace) – By providing the name and social security number for an applicant, we can generate a past address history that typically provides a seven year address trace. This report is the best place to start to guarantee an accurate, complete background check.
- National Criminal File Search – The National Criminal File Search instantly gathers information from the largest criminal database, comprised of over 500 million records from local and state repositories, as well as federal level records, i.e. DOCs. The Value of this search lies in its inclusion of the Sex Offender Registry and government watch lists. Its recommended that this search always be used in conjunction with a county or statewide search.
- County Criminal Search – County Criminal Reports contain information concerning felony and misdemeanor convictions, arrests, and/or pending cases. Reports typically consist of offense date, nature of offense, sentencing date, disposition, and current status.
- Statewide Criminal Search – Statewide Criminal Reports, like county reports, contain information concerning felony and misdemeanor convictions, arrests, and/or pending cases. These reports typically consist of offense date, nature of offense, sentencing date, disposition, and current status.
- Federal Criminal – Federal Criminal Records are obtained by searching the U.S. District Court’s indices at the federal level. Federal violations usually will not appear in a county, state, or national criminal check. Types of crimes that would be prosecuted at the federal level are: kidnapping, drug trafficking, bank robbery, embezzlement, counterfeiting, and several other “white collar” crimes. The report typically consists of offense date, nature of offense, sentencing date, disposition, and current status.
- Driver History Record (MVR) – This report usually reveals: name, address, city, zip, DOB, DL Issue Date, DL Expiration, may include status, endorsement, and history on driver (accidents, suspensions, violations, and more).
- Employment Verification – Verifying an applicant’s prior employment history is a very important part of the screening process. Turnaround time is dependent on the time it takes to get in touch with the right person at each respective company.
- Education Verification – Education Verifications are performed by validating the degree or GED earned from a credible school. The credibility of a school can be determined through the use of the U.S. Department of Education website. Turnaround time is dependent on the time it takes to reach and obtain information from the school.